Saturday, June 10, 2006

Running man

I started a running program on Monday with Runtex, an athletic store chain down here that's pretty popular. One of my coworkers bet me $80, the cost of one month's program, that I couldn't take the class and then finish a 5k run afterward. I think he was just trying to motivate me to get in better shape, and maybe wanted a partner to do the class with since he joined too. I've never been much of a runner, but it will probably do me good, especially since it's difficult for me to work out with weights. Ever since my shoulder injury a few years back, I have to be careful and can't really push myself like I used to.

Speaking of which, we got massages at work yesterday for the first time in months. This guy seems pretty capable and knowledgeable, and even thinks he can help with the shoulder thing. I hope so, as nothing would make me happier.

1 comment:

Lois Lane said...

Props to you for taking up running...I just convinced my best friend to enter a triathlon with me...craziness...