Thursday, August 25, 2005

New activities

Just got back from my second Round Rock Express baseball game. I've had free tickets from work both times, but this was a lot more fun than the first game I went to, when they were playing an exhibition game agains the Houston Astros. That time I didn't get inside the stadium until the 7th inning, while this time I got to my seat by the time they started the Pledge of Allegiance.

Dell Diamond is a really nice stadium, but it certainly feels small. We came close to getting beaned by no less than 4 foul balls in about ten minutes near the end. Tonight was also better because the Express won, instead of getting creamed by about ten runs.

The soreness I avoided after dancing last week caught up to me after capoeira and roller skating Tuesday night. I hadn't been on skates in years, and it took a couple of hours for me to get comfortable on them again. For some reason, it's always two days after I overexert myself that I get sore, rather than the next day. Anyways, I've been limping around today, but I know the exercise is good for me and I hope I keep it up.

No comments: