Sunday, September 25, 2005

My week of music

Completely unexpectedly, I found myself with a ticket to the taping of Austin City Limits last night, courtesy of Phil. We got in line around 5:30pm for the 8:00pm taping of Franz Ferdinand. These guys totally rocked. People were stomping their feet and dancing, and the guys on stage were so into it. At one point the lead singer jumped on the bass drum while he was playing guitar. After they left the stage, there was about a half hour intermission, then What Made Milwaukee Famous played. Phil and I have both seen them several times and it was getting late, so we only stayed for the first three songs. I think they've got a shot at the big time.

I'm going to ACL Fest today, which will mark the fourth day in a row I've been out seeing music. I love Austin.

No comments: