Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Sweet charity

So I turned my computer on today and got a whiff of that old familiar smell, burning electronics. This time it was the (quite old) monitor I was using as my primary. My secondary is fine, so I'm just using it now.

The one that fried is one of four that I got for free from my last place of employment, when they replaced all the monitors. I took one for myself and gave three to my cousin. Shortly thereafter, the one I picked crapped out, so I asked Jim for one of the ones I gave him. That one worked for at least a year if I remember right, then green lines became visible scrolling down the screen, so I swapped that for one of the remaining two he had, since he didn't mind the lines, and he had I think four monitors at home at that point. I've been using it at least two years without a problem, until today.

By my count, that means he has one more of the monitors I gave him that still works correctly. Hmm....

No comments: