Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 32

Date: 7/3/97
Weather: cloudy and cool, some rain
Place: Taihape, Auckland


I got up and made it to the gas station where I would be picked up an hour early. This time the guy did not even pull in, he just stopped across the road and I dragged my bag over to him. It was a long day of driving up the eastern side, so it was nice to get some different scenery. We only stopped briefly for lunch, and it was raining at the time. It was dusk by the time we got to Auckland, and I decided I'd take a tour of the city tomorrow. I got a single room and a free beer card, so I went up to the bar on the top floor of the hostel. There was a pool competition for mixed couples, and on my second try I met a girl who agreed to play. She was from Colorado and had just flown in this morning. We played pool across the street instead.

No comments: