Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 34

Date: 7/4/97 (again)
Weather: sunny and warm
Place: Papeete, L.A.

I got very little sleep both because of the meal times and the fact that we had less night due to traveling east (Author's note: we crossed the international date line, so I got to see July 4th twice). I've drank so much Coke lately I'm going to have to stop for a while. I had a glass of champagne on the plane, but the coffee counteracted it. Once again, I'm stuck in L.A., due to Air New Zealand's error in transfer times when booking me. Since it's their fault, the hotel room, which is at the Sheraton, is free, as are dinner and breakfast tomorrow. I had a New York sirloin. I've got a king size bed again, and this is a bit better than the Holiday Inn was last time, with a refrigerator and other things. I couldn't resist ordering a movie. I watched the fireworks from my window.

No comments: