Thursday, December 09, 2004

Bands and ideas

I went and saw Cruiserweight, a local band, play at Emo's tonight. A little beforehand, I had been standing next to the lead singer in the outside area behind the bar without recognizing her. I borrowed one of their albums from my roommate for about 6 months a couple years ago, and there were times I had that in my car for a week or more, listening to it many times. They're pretty great, kind of punk pop rock. Amazingly, they and two other bands were playing for only $1 cover charge. That's one of the great things about living in the "live music capital of the world", you can almost always see a decent band live for cheap, if you know where to look. I'd like to use one of their songs in the opening of a movie, if I ever write it. In fact, a relationship movie like Singles (which was set in Seattle and showcased many Seattle bands) would fit pretty well here in Austin. I guess I better get to work on that.

No comments: