Sunday, March 20, 2005

Catching my breath

Whew. What an exhilarating ride. South by Southwest is quite an event. I did some filming, saw some music, hung out with Maggie Walters and a friend named Mark at the Crowne Plaza's top-floor bar, taped Roky Erickson, Caroline Wonderland, Michelle Shocked and others at Threadgills, and generally just had a blast. I even managed to get Maggie's preliminary dvd done. Plus, I got through my first week of work at the new job unscathed. I'm ready for some quiet time. A little bit, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love michelle shocked, and i can't believe you saw her. one comment about one of your previous entries about the 40-hour work week being the reason the u.s. "has been economically successful for so long." well, you know, here in france, they don't work no 40 hours, or any other place in europe for that matter, and the american dollar is plummetting in value. the euro us worth about $1.30 and the british pound over $2.00. go figure.