Friday, May 20, 2005

End of an Era

Well, the Star Wars saga is finally complete, and it went out with a bang. Lucas did indeed wrap up most everything, and I can't wait to see them all in order and get the whole emotional arc of the Anakin Skywalker character. I really felt (and I know I'm not alone) that I didn't want Anakin to fall, even though it was inevitable and necessary to give us Darth Vader, one of the greatest villains in sci-fi. This movie had a feel that was instantly recognizable as different from Episodes 1 and 2, more deliberate and implacable in its progression. I'm still digesting it, and I plan to see it again this weekend. What a great birthday present these movies have been for me.

By the way, if you want a very tiring 36 hours, get up for work at 7am, work until 5pm, drive three hours to Dallas to see the movie at midnight, get out of the movie and drive three hours home, get an hour and a half of sleep, then get up and work another nine hours. Around 2pm the next day, I was having real trouble keeping my eyes open, despite several cups of coffee and multiple Dr. Peppers. Then I got a second wind and went to bed at my normal time. Go figure.

No comments: