Friday, May 13, 2005

Personal

I recently posted a personal ad on Craigslist to try to meet some new women around Austin (try to guess which one's mine!). I haven't been out on many dates lately, and I'm about to have a lot more free time on my hands when I wrap up my first feature-length project in a week or so.

I'm not sure why, but I was pleased to get quite a few responses in less than a day. I've posted a couple times before, and gotten 3 responses and 0 responses, respectively. Phil suggested it might be like callers for his radio show. Sometimes he gets nobody calling in, sometimes several-it just depends on who's paying attention. I guess there's probably always new readership, so even repeat posters will get responses over time. I'd like to think it's not only the same people looking every day, since that would mean it doesn't work and we're all wasting our time.

Anyway, I wrote back to everyone who wrote me (do unto others), and sent them a link to this blog if they wanted to know more about me...and I haven't heard back from any of them since. I can only assume they read my last post about "no job, no insurance" and wrote me off. Otherwise, it might mean I need a new profile picture, but since I think that's a good picture of me (taken by Phil at Austin City Limits Music Festival 2004), I'd at least like to think I'm not that unattractive-although it might be the facial hair and cigarrillo, since I hear women run from both of those.

Let me assure you, ladies, I once again have a good job, and insurance, and I still have my own side business as well, so I'm doing all right. But I'm keeping the facial hair. Still interested? Write me here.

No comments: