Thursday, June 09, 2005

Premonitions and more bad driving

Don't you hate it when you get a feeling bad news is on the way, and you're proven right? I got a few coupons for Hertz car rentals a couple months ago, and for some reason I didn't throw them away like usual. I just had a feeling they might come in handy before their expiration date. The last time my car was in the shop, I paid full price for the rental I used, for about two weeks if I remember correctly.

Sure enough, I got sideswiped today coming home from work. No one was hurt, but my driver's side door won't open, and I may be looking at a $500 deductible because of this woman in a minivan. (I guess she'd never been in an accident before. She kept asking if we should call the police. I said, "Not unless you want to sue me." Her response: "No, you could probably sue me, it was my fault." She was right. She swerved into my lane to get around a stopped car turning left in front of her, but she didn't see me on her right.) At least I should be reimbursed if they do charge me, since she has insurance. Sigh.

No comments: