Saturday, July 23, 2005

Random encounter

This past Tuesday, I met my first former reality show contestant at a happy hour after work. After we left the first bar, we met up with her and her very cute friend later at Fado, an Irish bar downtown for food, song, and dancing. Yes, she did a little Riverdance for us, and my colleagues even got out on the dance floor for a little improvised half-irish jig, half-hip hop get-down. Meanwhile, I kept the beat by clapping and stomping with the band and laughing harder than I have in some time. It was so much fun.

It was interesting hearing some of the behind-the-scenes details, since I already knew a bit about that kind of filming from my own experience and reading up on the industry. For instance, the field is whittled down to four finalists in the first two weeks of filming. And when it comes to getting people talking, alcohol is a producer's best friend. No surprise there.

No comments: