Saturday, January 14, 2006

Bring on the barbie

I actually managed to be productive this afternoon. I went out and bought a new grill to replace the free one I got off Craigslist shortly after we moved in, and which died last summer. I used a gift certificate I got from some good friends of the family for Christmas (get well soon, Art!), so it only cost me $12.53. It took me two hours to assemble in my living room, and it puts the old one to shame. On the other hand, the "hub caps" (instruction manual's term) that were supposed to snap on to the plastic wheels immediately snapped into pieces. Since the only purpose of these things was to advertise the brand name, as it was printed on them, I would have thought they'd make them a little sturdier.

I'll have pictures for you after my camera batteries charge up. I haven't touched it since I left for Christmas and forgot it, meaning my vacation pics were all taken on my cell phone, and it wouldn't even turn all the way on when I tried to use it a few minutes ago.

No comments: