Sunday, January 15, 2006

Weekend happenings

I went running today for the first time in years for my "get in shape" strategy for 2006. After 20 minutes, I could barely catch my breath. The weather was perfect for it, though.

I just got back from playing guitar at a friend's apartment for a few hours. I now have blisters on two fingers. That's a sign it had been far too long since I played for any length of time. It was a lot of fun.

Phil's working on an independent film shoot not far from Austin for the next few weeks. I plan to accompany him tomorrow and see how it looks.

We went to the 20th anniversary party for the Austin Film Society Friday night. Richard Linklater was there and gave a little speech, and I saw at least one person I recognized from the Annoud's Journey shoot last year and said hi. The free book they gave out to members is pretty cool.

No comments: