Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Frustration

I've been tearing my non-existent hair out since Monday, when I tried to render my latest video project, the first since the meltdown. Well, it didn't work, and I spent death time in tech support over the last few days to make it work, only to find that it now renders, but doesn't recognize the DVD burner, so I couldn't put the renders on anything to turn in the project. This is a Sony DVD burner, that is nevertheless not recognized by a Sony software product. Isn't the point of corporate synergy to make products work well together, to encourage more sales of the same brand? I spent 25 minutes on the phone this afternoon to get help with this only to be told, "We only support the burner and the stuff that came with it. You'll have to call [another Sony department's help number] to get help for that." Luckily, with an assist from Phil, I got it done on a different computer, but all the time lost this week has meant I couldn't do another pass on the edit, meaning a final cut that is not as good as it could have been, and that really burns me up. Not least because I could have discovered this earlier if I'd worked more on it earlier, instead of putting it off and working in short bursts over the last month and a half. Arrgh.

No comments: