Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Snakes on a Plane

OK, the upcoming movie Snakes on a Plane has officially become a pop culture event, months before its release. And I understand the appeal. The title says it all - Samuel L. Jackson said it was the reason he signed on, and when there was talk of changing it, the internet rose up in protest. It's become such a word of mouth phenomenon, Entertainment Weekly and others recently reported the production got more money out of the studio to make it that much more exciting and gross, in order to meet the raised expectations and get an R rating.

Why is this title so great? Snakes by their very nature stay as close to the ground as possible. There's something incongruous about such a creature flying thousands of feet above the Earth. They just don't belong.

Seeing as how I would love to make a movie that gets one-tenth the attention that this movie has already gotten in the press, I've been trying to come up with my own take on this concept. Here's what I've got so far:

Gophers on a Bus

An Octopus on my Head

Paris Hilton in a Movie

and my favorite...

U.S. Troops in Iraq

Do you have a better one? E-mail me.

No comments: