Monday, April 02, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 17

Date: 4/2/97
Weather: sunny and warm
Place: Perth, Rottnest Island

When I woke up a little before 8:00 am, I resolved to move to a different room to get away from the thieves, and I was paranoid enough to take my bag and everything in it with me to the island. The ferry wasn't as nice as the one in Cairns, but it was alright. Rottnest Island was beautiful with Mexican-like architecture, long sandy beaches, and all sizes of bays and inner salt lakes. The birds were fun to toy with, and the quokkas (small rat-like marsupials) were incredibly cute. I saw one under a house, and some along the road being fed. I took a a bus out to one of the bays, but when I decided to swim, I had to walk a ways to get back. The museum on shipwrecks around the island was great.

No comments: