Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 18

Date: 4/3/97
Weather: sunny and cool
Place: Perth, Melbourne

I didn't bother setting my alarm, but I still woke up just after 9:00 am, giving me plenty of time to get to the airport. Unfortunately, the shuttle only ran less than once an hour, so I would barely make my 11:35 am flight. I went looking for public transportation in order to have a little time to spare, but by the time I caught a bus to the airport it was barely going to be sooner than the shuttle, according to the schedule. Either I read it wrong or we were very early, because I arrived at 10 minutes before 11:00 am. I talked to Mom on the phone, and the flight was smooth and comfortable. I read a magazine and listened to music most of the time. A $9.00 bus brought me within walking distance of Carlton, where I had 14 e-mail messages.

No comments: