Saturday, February 17, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 2

Date: 2/17/97
Weather: partly cloudy, sunny and warm, thunderstorms and hail
Place: L.A., Honolulu

I dreamed about seeing Dave (Author's note: my best friend freshman year at Purdue, he lived across the hall in the dorm and didn't come back sophomore year. For more, see here.) again. We were at some kind of wedding and I was happier to see him than he was to see me. He brought his girlfriend who I've never seen. I took a sightseeing tour of L.A. to wile away the hours: it was the best tour I've ever been on. The guide's name was Ray, and he was awesome, even though he brought us back an hour later than he was supposed to and got Mom so worried she cried. I managed to catch my flight this time, but there was no message for me at the airport from Kari or Susan (Author's note: on the flight I missed, I was supposed to be sitting next to them.) I'll try to catch them tomorrow. The hotel room I'm in tonight has three twin-size beds. The room is so empty, I'm lonely.

No comments: