Monday, February 19, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 4

Date: 2/19/97
Weather: sunny
Place: Honolulu, Pacific Ocean

I got an entire night's sleep, which is more than I can say for my roommates. They got in about 3:00am, and were all asleep except Robin, who had a flight to Maui, when I got up and packed. I wore my swimsuit all day, with a shirt and my shoes. After discovering Haunama Bay doesn't open until noon on Wenesday's, I went to Waikiki for a while before trying to catch the bus there. I left my bags at the hostel and rented some snorkeling equipment from it to use at Haunama. The profusion of life there was incredible. The fish were thick and the coral unavoidable. I got some sunburn, then ate back at the hostel, before catching the bus to the airport. I met Kari and Susan there and fell asleep shortly after takeoff.

No comments: