Sunday, February 18, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 3

Date: 2/18/97
Weather: partly cloudy, sunny
Place: Honolulu

I was awakened by the garbage truck in the alley outside the hotel after only four hours of sleep. I got a shower and, after talking with Dad, finally got ahold of Kari and Susan. I found a hostel nearby and checked into it, leaving my large bag in the room I shared with four other guys. Kari, Susan, and I went to Pearl Harbor, and then to the mall, where I left them. Then, after deciding against the beach because it was too late, I went to Dockes with Robin, a 36-year-old from California, who was one of my roommates. We had roast beef and two Mai Tais each for supper, and I turned in at 10:00pm.

2 comments:

CAMILO said...

I travel almost every year to Austin. It seems to me a city calm, but also festive. Luck with your blog! I am to your orders in mine.

DB said...

That's a pretty good description. It's a great place to be. Thanks.