Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 19

Date: 6/20/97
Weather: cold, cloudy
Place: Melbourne, border of New South Wales

I spent most of the day in a kind of daze, as several friends had already left, and I wouldn't see any of the others again in Australia except maybe Bonnie when I dropped by the college to pick up my stuff before flying out to New Zealand. I had also gone drinking with them as a farewell the night before, giving me a hangover. I bought some stuff duty-free for the first time and didn't realize they sealed it up. The room looked bare by 6:00pm, when we had tea, and I locked up the bulk of my stuff in my closet. It seemed to hit Tim harder than me when we said goodbye, but he was still traveling with most of our friends for another month. I didn't get to say goodbye to Romel. I met Pablo at the bus station, and we headed for Sydney.

No comments: