Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 26

Date: 6/27/97
Weather: sunny and cool
Place: Waitomo, Rotorua

We stopped by a cafe/restaurant for breakfast this morning, where I had something resembling a donut. On the way to Rotorua, we stopped at a small racing course, where I wish I would have done it. The cars were cool and fast. Instead, I waited for the luge activity. We had to take a Skyrail to the place, and then we got two runs down part of the mountain and a chair lift back to the top afterwards. I did the beginner path once and then the advanced once. I forgot my camera and didn't take a single picture all day. Fortunately, one of the women on the bus is going to send me copies of the pictures at the Maori dinner that night (Author's note: she never did send them). It was a great meal and dance demonstration. The spa and pool at the backpackers place were both geothermically heated.

No comments: