Thursday, June 21, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 20

Date: 6/21/97
Weather: foggy, sunny and cool
Place: Sydney

It was extremely hard to get any sleep whatsoever on the bus, but I guess I managed about four hours worth. I watched the sun come up while Pablo slept, and it took a while to get into Sydney proper. We couldn't check into the hostel until noon, so we put our stuff in a $3.00 locker and roamed for a bit. Neither of us had taken our cameras out of our bags before locking them up, so I didn't get a photo of my first glimpse of the opera house. It was magnificent. The fog hadn't completely lifted, so it glowed in the sunlight. The harbour bridge is one of the largest I've ever seen. We met Alex, one of our roommates, when we checked in, and toured a little more together. I had dessert at Planet Hollywood, then met Pablo at the opera house for Madam Butterfly.

No comments: