Sunday, February 06, 2005

The big day

Today's shoot was an adventure, since this was the day the wall came tumbling down. It almost fell a couple of hours early, but a quick actor jumped in to save it. We had six cameras, including mine, shooting it, and I think we got everything we needed to make it work. This was the first time I used a non-standard shutter speed with my camera, 1/1000, and it looks just like the opening of Saving Private Ryan, all jerky and cool.

I thought that was going to be the only shot for the day, but I was wrong. We ended up filming until around 6:00pm, again, and I'm even more sunburned today than I was yesterday. Even though the sun rarely came out from behind the clouds, I'm still beet red. I learned enough to keep my hat on today, so at least my head isn't as bad as my face. Still, I can imagine this will not be good for interviews, if I ever get any.

No comments: