Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 11

Date: 3/27/97
Weather: hot and sunny
Place: Cairns, Great Barrier Reef

When I showed up at 7:30 am today to take my test, the shop was closed. Luckily, they were just late. I got all but the last question done before we had to get on the boat to Fitzroy Island, then finished with 90% correct. The "beach" at Fitzroy was nothing but coral skeletons, impossible to walk on without shoes. After a boring hour there, we were off again to meet up with the catamaran we were to be staying on. It's large and stable, but with little privacy. The food is OK but nothing special. I led the first dive down, and it looked like I was following a chain into an abyss. Everything went right on the 2 dives today, and the boat rocked me to sleep at night.

No comments: