Friday, March 23, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 7

Date: 3/23/97
Weather: hot and sunny, hot and cloudy
Place: Brisbane, Cairns

After a rancid breakfast at the hostel, which was mostly cold and almost made me sick, I took the complimentary bus to the transit center and the $6 one to the airport. I ate Hungry Jack's in the airport and an unexpected late lunch on the plane, so I skipped supper entirely. I had already eaten three meals. Hostel 89 is nice, if not as good as the last one. There were limbs in the pool when I got there, and it rained sporadically while we gathered around the outdoor TV for The Simpsons and Seinfeld, followed by Single White Female. I met an Air Force guy stationed in Guam who was supposed to be Reef diving yesterday. I found out my program had been pushed one day.

No comments: