Friday, March 30, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 14

Date: 3/30/97
Weather: cloudy and rainy, sunny and warm
Place: Cairns, Perth

I woke up with only a slight hangover from last night, and got a bus to the airport in plenty of time for my flight. It poured on the way, but our takeoff was smooth if a bit long. Lunch on the plane was good, and our stop at Ayer's Rock was hot and buggy. I hate flies. I got a picture of the the rock from the steps of the plane, but couldn't see it from the terminal. Once in Perth, I had to wait a bit for a bus, and the hostel has ants, which doesn't thrill me at all, but the city is lovely and pleasant. It didn't really hit me that it is Easter Day until late afternoon. I went and saw The Devil's Own at a movie center at 9:30pm, then came back and went right to bed after writing.

No comments: