Saturday, March 31, 2007

Travel Diary - Day 15

Date: 3/31/97
Weather: cloudy and warm
Place: Perth, Indian Ocean

My first day of sightseeing Perth was rather truncated due to the fact that today is a public holiday. I finally found a couple of open tourist places and organized a tour of the city and Fremantle, its port, for tomorrow, as well as a trip to Rottnest Island, a popular vacation destination here. By then it was mid-afternoon, however, so I caught a bus to the beach for the last few hours of sunlight and paid way too much for a less than filling meal. It didn't take long to get a bus back to the city proper. The bathroom and showers of the hostel frightened me enough to switch hostels tomorrow, and I spent an hour or more wandering around the nightlife district before going to bed.

No comments: